8: Other Sources
"It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life, perpetuating itself through all eternity -- to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe, which we can dimly perceive -- and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature" - Albert Einstein
There are other forms of evidence, such as those provided through spiritual mediums and channels, and the consistent stories told in
- Near-death.com - A wealth of material on Near Death Experiences, including an impressive list of 51 types of evidence. Check them out.
- Spiritual Scientific, the website of Dr Melvin Morse, who has done a lot of work with children and their Near Death Experiences, which really gives the lie to the oft-repeated materialist assertion (as, for example, numerous times on the TV show The Atheist Experience as their prime argument against the validity of NDEs) that NDEs simply reflect the subject’s cultural expectations.
- Victor Zammit, a retired lawyer in Australia, has created a wonderful and well-resourced website entitled Afterlife Evidence which goes a long way towards putting to rest the extraordinary claims of the materialists. He has written a book, downloadable as an e-book free of charge, entitled: "A Lawyer Presents the Case for the Afterlife", which sets out more than twenty different forms of real afterlife evidence, and for which he has not received any rebuttal. Read it for yourself. Again, any materialist who wants to continue to maintain that there is no evidence for an afterlife would need to find a persuasive rebuttal for every one of the different cases that Mr Zammit presents. He has even offered an incentive of a million dollars to anybody who can do that.
- Society for Psychical Research, which has been collecting, since 1882, the very evidence that materialists still loudly claim does not exist.
- Parapsychological Association
- Institute of Noetic Sciences
- Cognitive Sciences Laboratory
- Rhine Research Center
- Near Death Experience Research Foundation
There are other organisations, not already mentioned in these pages, doing research into what could be called "paranormal" phenomena. These include, amongst others:
There are interesting discussions of various matters relating to ideas of the afterlife on the Near-Death and the Afterlife Bulletin Board.
In the light of all the different forms of evidence that are available, it is rather disingenuous of any materialist still to claim: "There is no evidence for an afterlife".